More than 200 participants learned about the EU-funded EaPConnect project and the Belarusian research and education network, BASNET, at the international conference RINTI 2019. Organised and hosted in Minsk, on 21 November 2019, by the United Institute of Informatics Problems of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus (UIIP NASB), this was the 18th conference on the ‘Development of Informatisation and the State System of Scientific and Technical Information”.
As a leading organisation in implementing the strategy for the development of informatisation and of the information society in the Republic of Belarus for the period 2016–2022, the Institute holds this conference annually to discuss issues, developments and achievements in this area.
The key topics at the conference this year were:
- analysis of problems of the development of informatisation (digital transformation) of the economy, social sphere, public administration and the system of scientific and technical information in the Republic of Belarus;
- main directions and technologies of digital transformation – e-government, digital economy, e-commerce and logistics, e-learning, e-health, digital libraries, digitisation of cultural heritage;
- development of new approaches to the creation of information technologies and the information infrastructure of Belarus;
- creation and implementation of systems for scientific and technical information, corporate library and information systems for scientific and technical libraries, systems for information support of scientific and engineering innovative activities.
- information support for science and education based on modern information and telecommunication technologies, organisation of common scientific and information space.
BASNET took an active part in the organisation of the conference and presented its services and the EaPConnect project at the RINTI 2019 exhibition. Scientists and specialists from Belarus, Ukraine, Azerbaijan and Russia attended the conference and exhibition.